Nicolas Cage is an American actor and producer. His full name is Nicolas Kim Coppola. He was born on 7 January 1964 in Long Beach, California. His father August Coppola was a professor of literature and his mother Joy Vogelsang was a choreographer and dancer. Nicholas Cage always had an interest in acting and he attended the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television in order to hone his acting skills. He participated in a number of school plays and impressed the audiences with his talented acting skills.
Nicholas Cage has had a highly successful movie career. The actor has appeared in more than 50 movies and many of them have been highly successful. The actor has appeared in movies belonging to different genres and has played different characters. In case you are wondering what is Nicolas Cage net worth, here are the details of Nicolas Cage net worth.
Table of Contents
What is Nicolas Cage Net Worth?
The Net Worth of Nicolas Cage is $25 Million. At one point his Net Worth was more than $150 Million. However, the actor spent his money wildly and almost ended up broke. A vast majority of his earnings are a result of his successful movie career.
Nicolas Cage net worth is a result of his successful film industry career. The debut film of Nicholas Cage was a 1982 film, Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Nicolas Cage has been a part of a huge number of films. Some of the most popular movies of Nicolas Cage include Face/Off, Con Air, Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, Moonstruck, Wild at Heart, Kick Ass, The Rock, and Gone in 60 seconds. The actor has also produced a number of movies. He has won many awards for his roles in different movies.
Nicholas Cage Movies
In order to give you a better idea of Nicholas Cage net worth and how well his movies have done over the years, here are top ten highest grossing movies of Nicholas Cage.
- National Treasure: Book of Secrets – This movie was a part of the National Treasure series of movies. Nicholas Cage played a leading character in the series. This movie was released in the year 2007. It was highly successful on the box office and it grossed $219,964,115 as its lifetime earnings.
- The Croods – This animated comedy adventure film was released in the year 2013. Nicholas Cage did voice over acting in the movie. The movie was quite successful and it ended up earning $187,168,425.
- National Treasure – Released in the year 2004, National Treasure was an instant hit. It earned a pretty good $173,008,894.
- The Rock – This Action Thriller was released in the year 1996 and it earned $134,069,511.
- Ghost Rider – Nicholas Cage played the role of Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider in this movie. The movie came out in the year 2007 and it earned $115,802,596.
- Face/off – Released in the year 1997, Face/off was a huge success. The movie grossed $112,276,146 on the box office.
- Gone in 60 Seconds – This is one of the best action movies of its era. It came out in the year 2000 and this heist movie earned $101,648,571.
- Con Air – Released in the year 1997, Con Air earned a pretty good $101,117,573.
- Moonstruck – It is one of the earliest movies of Nicolas Cage. It came out in 1987 and did business of $80,640,528.
- Knowing – The movie was released in the year 2009 and it earned $79,957,634.
Other popular movies of Nicholas Cage include Snake Eyes, City of Angels, Kick-Ass, and The Sorcerer’s apprentice.
Nicolas Cage Salary
Being an A-list Hollywood actor, Nicolas Cage gets a huge salary for acting in a movie. And it has to be said that the talent and experience of the actor, certainly justifies the massive salaries that he has earned in different movies. Here are the salaries of Nicolas Cage in some of his movies.
- National Treasure – According to reports Nicolas Cage was paid $20 Million for his role in National Treasure.
- Seeking Justice – The actor was paid $12 Million for his role in the 2012 movie, Seeking Justice.
- Gone in 60 Seconds – The actor earned a pretty good $20 Million from this movie.
- Windtalkers – It was another highly lucrative movie for Nicholas Cage and he made $20 Million for his acting in the movie.
- Captain Corelli’s Mandolin – The movie came out in 2001 and Nicholas Cage was paid $7 Million for his role in the movie.
Nicolas Cage Lifestyle
When it comes to a luxury lifestyle, hardly anyone can beat Nicholas Cage. At one point the actor had a net worth of $150 Million. However, he spent it wildly and partied hard. He bought things that he did not need and ended up almost broke. In case you are wondering how did Nicholas Cage ended up from $150 Million to almost broke, here are some of the things he bought that he did not need.
- Dinosaur Skulls – Nicolas Cage has a huge interest in history and he bought a Tarbosaurus skull worth $300,000.
- Albino Cobras – Nicolas Cage bought 2 albino cobras.
- Shrunken Pymgy heads – The actor also had a collection of heads. It is not sure why he bought them and kept them in his house.
- A Pyramid Tombstone – Nicolas Cage bought a 9 feet tall Pyramid in New Orleans.
- High end Jewelry – The actor has taken various women who have been in his life to lavish vacations and has bought them a lot of jewelry including gems and diamonds.
- Rare art – The actor is also a big fan of art and he bought 50 very expensive works of art.
- An Octopus – Yes, he bought an octopus as well.
- Crocodile – He also had a crocodile.
- Shark – The actor bought a shark too. Apparently he has a thing for wild and dangerous animals.
- The first Superman Comic – Nicolas Cage had a huge comic books collection. He also had Action Comics #1 and the Detective Comics # 38. These comics featured the first appearances of Superman, and Robin, the sidekick of Batman.
Nicholas Cage Houses, Castles, and Islands
Nicolas Cage net worth allowed him to purchase a number of properties. Here are the details of the properties that he has bought over the years.
- Bahmian Islands – The actor bought islands spread on 40 acres of land. Reportedly the actor paid $7 million for the islands.
- A Haunted House – Nicolas Cage bought a haunted house in 2006. The value of this New Orleans house was $3.45 million.
- Two Castles in Europe – The actor bought two castles in Europe. One is located in Bath, England and the other one is located in Etzelwang, Germany. The Castle in England was valued at $8 million.
- Estate Homes – The actor bought 15 estate homes in different parts of the world. Nicholas Cage bought a mansion worth millions of dollars in New Orleans. He bought a beach home in Malibu. He bought a home in Paradise Island in Bahamas. He also bought a $17.5 million palace in Bel Air, the actor bought a mansion in Las Vegas as well. He also had a 24,000 sq. foot house in Rhode Island. His other properties included a home in Aspen, Colorado, homes in New York, San Francisco, Venice Beach, and Newport Beach.
Nicholas Cage Cars, Yachts and Motorcycles
When it comes to vehicles, Nicholas Cage has bought them all. He has purchased exotic cars, motorcycles, luxury yachts, and private jets. Here are the details.
- Lamborghini – The actor paid $450,000 for buying the rare Lamborghini Miura SVJ from late Shah of Iran.
- Exotic motorcycles and cars – Nicolas Cage has a great interest in vintage and specialty cars. According to reports the actor at one point owned 50 cars and 30 motorcycles.
- Luxury yachts – The actor bought 4 yachts. One of the yachts was named Sarita and it costed Nicolas Cage $20 million.
- A private jet – The actor also bought a private jet.
Today, Nicolas Cage net worth is not as impressive as it used to be few years ago. The wild spending spree of the actor landed him in financial troubles. However, his huge movie salaries have helped him get out of the financial troubles.